My Guide Website?
From Kraków: Auschwitz-Birkenau and/or Salt Mine Guided Tour432 Reviews
Visit the former Nazi concentration camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II - Birkenau on a guided walking tour. See the popular Salt Mine, listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage List.
- Visit the largest former Nazi concentration camp
- Learn the history of Auschwitz and the Holocaust
- See dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt
DescriptionExperience history at Auschwitz-Birkenau and learn about the inhuman conditions of life during the Second World War from your guide on a walking tour. Visit the Wieliczka salt mine to see its incredible salt sculptures. Sit back and take in the Polish landscape as you drive out of Kraków to Auschwitz-Birkenau for your day of history. Auschwitz-Birkenau is the largest death camp in human history, the site of mass destruction and genocide in Europe during World War II. Learn how the camp was built by the Nazis in 1940 in the suburbs of Oswiecim. The total number of deaths and executions is estimated to be over 1.5 million people of 28 nationalities. Almost 90% of these people were Jews. As you walk through the former concentration camp, feel the deep impression it imprints on you, partly because it allows you to imagine the scale of the Holocaust. Since 1979, this site has been listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage list. Visit Wieliczka salt mine, one of the most treasured monuments in Polish cultural history. Over a million tourists from around the world visit the salt mine yearly to see its exquisite carvings and reliefs. This unique place is listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage List since 1978 placing it even higher on tourists' 'to-do list'. See the work of miners, who left dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt, keeping their work alive for decades.
IncludesEntrance fees for Auschwitz, Birkenau, Salt Mine Professional English-speaking guides for Auschwitz, Birkenau, Salt Mine (depending on option chosen) Professional and licensed transport service Pickup from your accommodation, or the meeting point (depending on option chosen) Drop-off at the Main Market Square in the Old Town or at your accommodation (depending on option chosen) Lunch (depending on option selected)
- Vegetarian and vegan meals are available for the lunch options
- Please provide your full name and contact details when booking; please bring your passport or ID card to ensure. • Maximum luggage/bag/purse/backpack size is 30x20x10cm (A4 sheet size).
- Please inform the supplier if your child is less than 150cm tall so that a child seat can be prepared.
- From March 2020, new guidelines mean booking in advance is the only way to ensure you are able to visit. It is generally possible to change your ticket date and time after purchase if necessary.
- Please dress modestly (out of respect for the deceased) and according to the weather
- The temperature in the Salt Mine is around 14-15 degrees Celsius - you will spend around 2-2.5 hours over there, please dress accordingly
- Time of departure is approximate and may change up to 3 hours
- There are 800 steps to climb of which 350 at the beginning take you down into the mine. There's a lift to the top of the mine at the end of the route