My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour with Private Transport10 Reviews
Travel by minivan from Krakow to visit the largest former Nazi concentration camp on an 8-hour tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau. Learn about the Nazi program of Arbeit Macht Frei and the genocide of World War II.
- Visit the largest former Nazi concentration camp on a 8-hour tour of Auschwitz
- Travel in a private comfortable minivan from Krakow
- See the barracks where prisoners were kept and the gas chambers where they were sent to die
- Learn the terrible history of the death camps of Auschwitz and Birkenau
- Go the Birkenau camp to see where more than 125,000 prisoners of war were incarcerated
DescriptionExplore the former Nazi concentration camps of Auschwitz and Birkenau on a full-day historical tour. Founded on 27th April 1940, the real hell started in Auschwitz in June 1940 when more than 700 Polish political prisoners and Jews arrived at the camp. From that moment on, Auschwitz became the site of extermination by inhumane conditions and physical destruction of prisoners. Although it is a challenge, it is important to remember these events to make sure that this history is never repeated. It was the biggest death camp of the Nazi regime and during your tour, a licensed guide will sensitively take you to see the barbed wire fences, watchtowers, barracks, gallows, and gas chambers. These depict the circumstances under which the Nazi genocide took place. Spend 2 hours here with a short 20 minutes break. You will also visit Birkenau, set up by Heinrich Himmler, a short 5-minutes drive from Auschwitz. Birkenau comprised of more than 300 buildings, including latrines, watchtowers, and gas chambers. During its 3 years of existence it fulfilled different functions but from October 1941 acted as a camp for around 125,000 prisoners of war.
IncludesPick up and drop-off at your accommodation in Krakow Entrance fee to Auschwitz-Birkenau A live tour guide at Auschwitz and Birkenau with headsets Professional art historian guide A bottle of water on a hot day An umbrella on a rainy day Food
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- Please note that the maximum bag size is 20 cm by 30 cm and any bag larger will not permitted inside the museum
- The pickup time can be changed to anytime between 6:00 AM and 1:30 PM
- The minibus can be replaced by a larger bus with the same level of comfort
- Please advise if you require a child car seat
- You will need to bring your student card if you purchase a student ticket
- Please bring lunch to save time
- You will see only the most important places and exhibitions because to visit the entire post-camp space would require a multi-day stay
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now