From Krakow: Guided Tour Auschwitz-Birkenau with Pickup12087 Reviews
Visit one of the most significant places in Poland on a 7-hour tour of the Auschwitz Museum and Birkenau Camp in Oświęcim. Explore a symbol of the Holocaust and memorial to the victims of the Nazis.
- Learn about the history of the largest concentration camp complex from World War II
- See personal belongs and objects of everyday use belonging to the prisoners
- Visit the ruins of the gas chambers, original barracks and the railway prisoner unloading platform
DescriptionLearn about the history and gain a deeper understanding of the Holocaust and the Nazi concentration camps on a tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau from Krakow. An English-speaking driver will pick you up from a pre-arranged meeting point in Krakow and transfer you in a comfortable vehicle. Upon arrival at the Auschwitz Museum, a local guide will be provided in one of the five available languages or a booklet in over 12 languages, depending on the option booked. Visit both Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau to acquire a proper sense of the place that has become the symbol of the Holocaust as well as Nazi crimes against Poles, Romas, and other groups. Become more educated about the UNESCO World Heritage Site as you visit the remaining prison blocks, gas chambers, and crematoria buildings. See the remains of the railway ramp in Birkenau, where the prisoners would be transported. For the live guided tour, you’ll spend between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 1 hour and 45 minutes in Auschwitz I, and for the self-guided tour this will be around 1 hour and 45 minutes. There will be a 10-minute break for lunch after which you will be transported to Auschwitz II Birkenau, where the visiting time is is around 1 hour. The ride between Krakow and the museum is 1 hour and 20 minutes.
IncludesReturn air-conditioned transportation from Krakow Hotel pickup from selected hotels in Krakow city center (if option selected) Entrance tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau Licensed guide English-speaking driver Food and drinks Lunch Free toilet facilities (fee is in local currency)
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking.
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 13 years old. It is up to the parents or guardians to decide whether to let children attend or not
- Student ID is required for student tickets.
- It is possible to join the group directly in the museum, but please contact the supplier at least 12 hours beforehand.
- Please note that the maximum size of hand luggage is 12x8x4 inches (30x20x10 cm). Larger luggage must be left on the bus.
- If the hotel pickup option is selected, the name of the hotel along with an address should be sent to the local partner at least 24 hours before departure. The exact pickup time will be confirmed the day before the tour starts.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability