My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Skip-the-Line Day Tour to Wieliczka Salt Mine102 Reviews
Visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine on a day trip from Krakow and immerse yourself in over 700 years of history and architecture. Explore the underground corridors, rooms, and chapels with a local guide.
- Visit one of the most beautiful and original Museums in the world
- Discover the grand St. Kinga’s Chapel carved in salt
- See the world’s largest mining UNESCO heritage
- Go down through 800 stairs and descend 135 meters underground
- Take a deep breath and enjoy the benefits for your health
DescriptionVisit the most famous salt mine in Europe. The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the UNESCO monuments and has been gathering salt for over 700 years. It’s one of the most beautiful facilities of this type in the world. An English-speaking driver will pick you up from the city center or from the hotel if private transport is selected. With an air-conditioned, comfortable bus/van, reach Wieliczka town in about 25 minutes. Meet your guide, and walk down the wooden stairs to a depth of 65 meters. The guide will explain the rules of the salt mine as well as various legends and stories about mine’s past. The tour takes place in the underground corridors and chambers, well prepared for visitors. Certain points on your way are dedicated to famous people who decided to visit Salt Mine in the past, for example, Chopin or Goethe. Hear many stories about mining and the progress of the works over the years. After a while, encounter a huge chapel carved underground. It’s considered one of the most beautiful chapels in the world – St. Kinga Chapel, where the artists carved a church in salt. It’s time to get some photos and have a quick rest before proceeding with the tour. After a short break, proceed to a huge area with an underground lake, where the world’s first underground balloon flight took place. There will be a few places to buy souvenirs as well. Don’t worry, there is no need to climb these hundreds of steps again to go to the surface. There is a mining elevator that helps you get out of the mine. It’s time to meet your driver at the parking lot, and have a safe journey back to Krakow.
IncludesSkip-the-line ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine Local guide Round-trip transportation from Krakow (if option selected)
- There are about 800 steps on the route, including 320 steps at the start (Way down) Please put on comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the conditions on the route The temperature underground is about 17-18ºC