My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wadowice and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Tour1 Reviews
Visit the hometown of Pope John Paul II and see his former family home on a full-day tour. Travel from Krakow to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska and see some of Poland's most important religious sites.
- Learn about the life of Karol Wojtyla and Sister Faustine
- Visit Kalwaria, UNESCO World Heritage-listed city
- Admire a 15th-century basilica in Wadowice
- Try one of John Paul II's favorite sweet treats and visit his family home
- Immerse yourself in the history of modern Catholicism
DescriptionImmerse yourself in the history of Catholicism on this full-day tour of Poland's most important religious sites. Meet your guide at your hotel in Krakow and hop in the car that will take you straight to the city of Wadowice. Here, visit the family home of Pope John Paul II, which has now been converted into a museum, and learn about the early life of the Polish Pope. Next, head to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a pilgrimage town where you can visit the Bernardine Monastery and its complex of 42 chapels and churches. Follow in the footsteps of important figures like John Paul II, the Austrian Emperor, and member of the Royal Family, who have all visited this site over the years. On the way back to Krakow, stop at the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy in Łagiewniki. Pay your respects to the holy relics of Saint Faustyna Kowalska, and admire the architecture of the modern basilica.
IncludesEntrance fees Hotel pickup and drop-off English-speaking driver
- Knees and shoulders must be covered in places of worship