From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna5 Reviews
On this tour follow the early life of Pope John Paul II and visit Częstochowa - Poland's spiritual capital where every year millions of pilgrims flock to its monastery to visit the shrine to the Black Madonna.
- Explore the Family Home of John Paul II
- Learn about life of Karol Wojtyła ( John Paul II )
- Visit Kalwaria, city listed on UNESCO Heritage List
- See the painting of Black Madonna
- Visit the spiritual capital of Poland
DescriptionWadowice is a small city situated 50 km from Krakow. Here Karol Wojtyła, the future Pope John Paul II was born. The tour includes a visit to the Family Home of John Paul II, now a museum which provides exhibits of the future Pope's domestic life. The next place is Basilica of the Offering of the Blessed Virgin Mary- an ornate Church where Karol Wojtyła was baptized and confirmed. Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, this pilgrimage town founded in 1601, is best known for the Bernardine (Grey Friar) Monastery and its complex of 42 Chapels and Churches. Oficially called the Cultural & Landscape Complex of Monastery and Pilgrimage Park of the Bernardine Fathers, this amazing place was added to the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage List in 1999. Be sure to visit the 17th century Baroque Church famous for its miraculous painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Kalwaria (Polish for Calvary). Visit the basilica and monastery located in the city of Jasna Góra and discover the holy relic of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa. Częstochowa is one of the most important centers of religious worship in Poland, it is regarded by many as Poland's spiritual capital and for hundreds of years, it has been a site of pilgrimage for Poles. High on the mountain top, the monastery holds the most famous shrine to the Virgin Mary in Poland and it is home to the Black Madonna painting - rumored to have been painted by St. Luke on a tabletop built by Jesus. The Black Madonna, depicting the Mother of God with the Christ Child, is believed to have miraculous powers by those who visit her.
IncludesProfessional and licenced service Transport during the tour Admission and guided tour in Home of JP II English-speaking driver and tour leader Transport by air-conditioned minivan Transport by private vehicle Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks Guide in Częstochowa Monastery
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please inform the supplier if your child is less than 150cm tall so that a child seat can be prepared
- The order of the activities can be changed
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability