My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Classic Tour with Guide
Leave Krakow to see the Wieliczka Salt Mine, famous in the town of Wieliczka. Explore the mine, operational since the 12th century and one of the oldest and largest in Europe
- Enjoy the comprehensive organization of your tour with an entrance ticket
- Marvel at the magnificent salt mine, included in the UNESCO heritage site
- Be amazed by the authentic beauty hidden deep underground
- Learn about the curiosities related to the salt mining process in this area
DescriptionLeave Krakow to visit Wieliczka and see its famous salt mine, one of the largest and oldest in all of Europe. Explore underground lakes and learn more about this amazing place. The journey from Krakow to Wieliczka is not very long, but it is still worth taking advantage of the convenient access to the mine itself and the services of an experienced driver who will help you find your way after reaching the place. Wieliczka is a small town famous for its salt mine operating here since the 12th century, one of the largest and oldest in Europe. It is an industrial facility, but also a very interesting museum with works of art formed by people and nature itself. Upon arrival at the mine, meet your guide. Begin your journey deep underground to a depth of 327 meters and discover the vast and fascinating interior space of the salt mine, which houses numerous underground rooms, corridors, chapel, halls, sculptures and more. Meet the generations of miners who have worked here. Hear the legends and facts that surround this amazing place. Hear the stories of Princess Kinga and how she brought salt treasures to Polish lands. Then, admire the mine's underground salt lakes and beautifully lit halls that sparkle and shine. At the end of the tour, say goodbye to your guide, stock up on souvenirs, and head back to Krakow.
IncludesTransportation Kraków-Wieliczka-Kraków Skip-the-line ticket Headsets
- The regular Salt Mine tour requires lots of walking and climbing stairs. Please remember that it is quite cool in the mine (between 14° C and 16° C) Make sure to take warmer clothing even in summer and wear comfortable shoes, as well.