My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip and Guided Tour
Be transported to strange underground world on a guided tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine on a day trip from Krakow. See saline lakes and a vast underground complex with a church and a sanatorium.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Step into the past as you explore the vast underground salt mine complex
- Marvel at the craftsmenship of statues that were expertly carved from salt
- Admire the ornate decorations in the underground Saint Kinga's Chapel
- Soak in the microclimate and visit the sanatorium at a depth of 135 meters
- Learn the history of this complex which has been in use since the 13th century
DescriptionDescend into a hidden world of underground corridors and rooms on this Wieliczka Salt Mine day trip from Krakow. Learn about ancient mining tools and the machines that were once used to extract and transport salt. Meet your driver at the meeting point in Krakow and sit back and relax on the comfortable journey to the Wieliczka Salt Mine where you will be greeted by your licensed museum guide. Explore the 3-kilometer path through 20 unique rooms. Admire the chandeliers, carvings, and salt statues which adorn the richly decorated church that was dedicated to the patron saint of miners. View huge wooden structures, unusual underground lakes, and traces of the of the past as you wander through the mine. Experience the microclimate which was was thought to have healing properties. Visit the old sanatorium at a depth of 135 meters. After the tour, return to the meeting point in Krakow.
IncludesRound trip transfer to Wieliczka Guided tour of the Salt Mine Entrance ticket
- The route includes approximately 800 stairs