My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Group or Private Tour2 Reviews
Discover the breathtaking Wieliczka Salt Mine on a guided tour from Krakow. Delve into 20 beautiful chambers of carved salt to find mysterious chapels and serene underground lakes.
- Discover an underground world full of secrets and legends at one of the world's oldest salt mines, the UNESCO-listed Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Descend up to 135m and explore saline lakes and beautiful underground statues made out of salt
- Learn about old mining tools, methods of salt extraction, and transportation from an expert guide
- Admire the unique atmosphere of the St Kinga's Chapel, containing glowing crystal chandeliers, salt floors, and beautiful statues made by miners work
- Learn a fascinating story about a place stolen from nature and about the people who have made its history over the centuries
DescriptionExplore the Wieliczka Salt Mine and learn about its history from your local expert guide. Inside, visit other attractions like St. Kinga's Chapel, and the Michalowice Chamber. Wieliczka Salt Mine is a priceless monument which was placed on UNESCO World Heritage List in 1978. It is a place that guarantees extraordinary experiences and a great adventure. Visiting the mine is an interesting journey into the depths of the earth, a space which was discovered more than 700 years ago and where air is free from pollutants, so bothersome and common on the earth's surface. Breathe air free of the pollutants so bothersome and common on the earth's surface. You will get to know Wieliczka Salt Mine by taking a tourist route – a route that leads through an extraordinary underground city hiding many secrets, like chambers carved in salt, majestic carpentry structures, underground lakes or unique salt works of sculptural art. It is a fascinating journey through a maze of corridors carved in rock, over 2 km long and descending more than 130 meters underground. During the walk you will learn a fascinating story about a place stolen from nature and about the people who have made its history over the centuries. Wieliczka Salt Mine - touch the secret! Meeting point We will pick you up from your hotel reception or one of the main meeting points. Transfer to the Wieliczka Salt Mine by air-conditioned minibus (~ 40 min.) During the journey, your tour guide will inform you about the details of the tour. Visiting the Wieliczka Salt Mine (~ 2h) An official Wieliczka guide will show you all the secrets of the historic mine in the language of your choice. Admission tickets are prepaid, so you don't have to worry about anything. You will visit, among others: •St. Kinga's Chapel whose design took almost 70 years •The Michałowice Chamber with an impressive size and with an impressive wooden structure protecting the excavation •A collection of mining machinery and equipment •Brine lakes unique on the surface After sightseeing (~ 10min.) After the tour, you will take the elevator back to the surface. If you purchased the option of the tour – Skip the Line Ticket (no transport) - you will end your tour here without transport. Return to Krakow of the Wieliczka Salt Mine (~ 40min.) You will be dropped off at the location from which you were picked up for the tour.
IncludesEntrance tickets with photo permission Services of a professional tour guide Services of the Wieliczka guide Transport services, unless otherwise arranged Obligatory headphones and receivers Lift transfer back to the surface after the sightseeing
- Visiting the mine is available to people of all ages, but keep in mind that there are 800 steps to walk down, so please wear comfortable shoes
- You are required to contact Cracow City Breakers no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the time of departure