My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour with Optional Transfer313 Reviews
Take a tour of the historic Wieliczka Salt Mine. Embark on a visit to this UNESCO World Heritage Site which combines nature, and history, a well as historic and contemporary art.
- Immerse yourself in the vast subterranean world of the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Take of tour of its 20 chambers filled with art, machinery, and exhibitions
- Descend to a depth of 135 meters below the ground to learn about salt mining
- Check out its unique acoustic properties and admire a light installation
- View the historic and contemporary art installations which fill the space
DescriptionExplore the famous Wieliczka Salt Mine on a guided tour from Krakow or choose to meet in Wieliczka. Walk the labyrinthine passages, marvel at the chapels and chambers, and be wowed by the statues and art installations of the mine. Let your guide take you down winding corridors and into salt caves. Enjoy transportation from Krakow or choose to meet in Wieliczka, then descend 800 stairs to a depth of 135 meters to enter what feels like an underground salt city. Be awed by chambers of salt sculptures, art exhibitions, and old machinery from the days when it was a functioning salt mine. See how salt was extracted as you learn about the space's history from your guide. Pause to listen to the unique acoustic properties which come from the nature of the space. Hear how Chopin sounds in this environment, accompanied by spectacular underground lighting. Learn about the health properties of the salt mine as you tour its multiple chambers. At the conclusion of your experience, head back to the vehicle for transportation back to Krakow.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option is selected) Admission tickets Licensed guide Bus transportation (if option is selected)
- The temperature underground ranges between 14° and 16° C There are 800 steps to climb of which 350 at the beginning take you down into the mine