From Kraków: Wieliczka Salt Mine Trip69 Reviews
Check out the most popular salt mine in the world, listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage list.
- Visit one of the most treasured monuments in Polish cultural history
- See dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt
- Visit 20 wonderful chambers
DescriptionThe Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most treasured monuments in Polish cultural history. Over a million tourists from around the world visit the salt mine yearly to see its exquisite carvings and reliefs. This unique place has been listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage list since 1978, placing it even higher on tourist's 'to do list.' The miners left in Wieliczka dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt, keeping their work alive for many further years. There are around 800 steps leading down into the mine. After taking around 350 of them you will find yourself at the first floor underground. After the tour, the lift will take you up towards the exit.
IncludesTransport service Professional and licensed guide service Tour attendant Entrance fees Water Food & drinks
- Temperature underground ranges between 14° and 16° C
- Luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 centimeters are not permitted inside the mine (you can leave it on the bus)
- Toilet facilities are spaced along the route respectively, 40 and 90 minutes from the moment of beginning your visit
- If your child is less than 150 cm tall, please inform the local partner so that a child seat can be arranged
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability