My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Zakopane and Tatra Mountains Full-Day Tour6 Reviews
Enjoy a day trip to Zakopane and discover the beauty and culture of the Tatra Mounains. Ride to the top of Mount Gubalowka, explore the town, and taste regional products.
- Explore charming Zakopane in the heart of the Tatra Mountains
- Discover the unique folklore developed by the locals after years of isolation
- Taste the unique cheese produced by the highlanders of the region
- Admire breathtaking views of the mountains from the top of Gubalowka
- Enjoy lunch at a restaurant with local delicacies on the famous Krupowki Street
DescriptionWant a taste of some real Polish folklore? Join a day tour from Krakow to Zakopane, the winter capital of Poland located in the heart of the Tatra Mountains. Explore the culture of Tatra's highlanders, take a ride to the top of Mount Gubalowka, and taste regional products. In the 19th century, Zakopane was a sleepy village inhabited by the highlanders who, living for years in isolation, had created their own unique culture. Today, artists and the social elite pronounced Zakopane their favorite place in Poland. Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains are perfect places to visit during all seasons. The city impresses visitors with its stunning nature, beautiful views, and original folklore. Transfer to Zakopane (~2h) After pickup from your hotel or chosen starting point in Krakow, head to Zakopane on an approximately 2-hour drive. During the journey, learn the history of Zakopane and listen to some folklore music specially prepared and selected by your guide. Chocholow (~1h) First on the itinerary is a typical highlander shepherd's shelter producing oscypek, cheese made exclusively in the Tatra Mountains. Learn about the cheesemaking process and taste it for yourself. Then, in Chocholow, visit a local wood-carving artist. Sightseeing in Zakopane (~3h) Next, go sightseeing in Zakopane. Start your tour by admiring houses built in Zakopane style. Visit the church on Peksowe Brzysko with its magical cemetery. Ride a funicular to the top of Gubalowka Mountain to admire the breathtaking view of the granite and limestone peaks of the Tatra Mountains. Then, at the local market, you can shop for some regional products made by highlanders. Continue to walk with your guide along the famous Krupowki, Zakopane's main street with restaurants and shops selling local delicacies. After the tour, enjoy about 2 hours for a lunch break at a local restaurant and free time. Return to Krakow (~2h) Later, take another 2-hour drive back to Krakow for drop-off.
IncludesGuided tour of Zakopane Round-trip transport from Krakow Admission fees: Church on Peksowe Brzysko with cemetery Funicular ride Oscypek tasting
- Pickup takes place approximately 60 minutes before the stated start time of the tour (depending on the location of your hotel/meeting point). You are required to contact Cracow City Breakers no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24 hours before the date of the tour to confirm the time of departure via phone +48 500 260 265 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org