My Guide Website?
From Warsaw: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour with Private Transfer34 Reviews
Visit one of the most important sites of the 2nd World War during your stay in Warsaw with a private transfer. Explore the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp and learn about the tragic history of the Holocaust.
- Learn about the tragic history of the Holocaust where millions of people were murdered
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp
- Take advantage of a round-trip private transfer from Warsaw
DescriptionGet picked up from your accommodation in Warsaw in the early morning. Meet your driver and climb into a private car or minivan, then set off for the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp. When you arrive at the site, you will embark on a 3.5-hour guided group tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau with a guide speaking your chosen language. Start in the Auschwitz concentration camp and learn about how it was established by German Nazis on the outskirts of the town Oswiecim in 1940. After the war, the camp was turned into a museum displaying evidence of the genocide. Block no. 11, known as the Death Block, was where people were murdered at the Wall of Death. Outside the camp, see the gas chamber, where 70,000 people were killed in 1940-1943. Watch a film made after the liberation of the camp which is shown in various language versions within the museum. After this, head over to the Birkenau section of the concentration camp. Discover how, in 1941, 3 km from Oswiecim, in the former village of Brzezinka, the German Nazis established a new camp called Auschwitz II Birkenau. In 1942-1945, approx. 1.5 million people lived and died here. Most of them (90%) were Jews, others were Poles, Gypsies, Russians, prisoners from 28 countries of Europe, and people of all nationalities and political and religious persuasions. Since 1944, transports of prisoners from all over the continent entered directly through the Gate of Death. In 1979, Auschwitz – Birkenau Concentration Camp was listed as a UNESCO World Culture and National Heritage Site. During the tour, there will be time to eat lunch in the restaurant. You will get picked up after the tour and returned to Warsaw where you will be dropped off at your accommodation in the evening. The entire tour lasts up to 13 hours. The tour is available in English by default. Other languages: Spanish, Italian, German, and French are available on request.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off Transport with English speaking driver Entrance tickets Guided tour in the Museum Water
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully