Katowice: Auschwitz and Krakow Old Town Private Guided Tour
Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp and the city of Krakow on a full-day private tour from Katowice. Learn about the horrors of the Holocaust and discover the historic city of Krakow.
- Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, the site of the largest Nazi concentration camp of World War II
- Explore different parts of the complex including the barracks and gas chambers
- Take a stroll in Krakow and discover its beautiful Old Town district
- Enjoy comfortable pickup and drop-off service from your accommodation in Katowice
- Learn little known facts courtesy of your expert guide
DescriptionStart with pickup from Katowice and travel to the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, the site of the largest Nazi concentration camp of World War II. Upon arrival, take a guided walking tour through the huge camp complex and learn about the horrors of the Holocaust. Be escorted through the barracks and see a variety of poignant exhibitions related to the history of the site. See the gas chambers, the living quarters, and the crematorium. Visit the various memorials which pay tribute to those who suffered under the Nazi regime. After visiting Auschwitz, travel to the city of Krakow. Take a guided tour of the city and see the major landmarks such as Wawel Castle, St. Mary’s Basilica, Cloth Hall, the old Town Hall and many more. Admire the local architecture, palaces, and interesting monuments of the Old Town and learn about the history of the city which was once home to many kings. Enjoy some traditional Polish dumplings for lunch, followed by free time to explore the city. After your afternoon in Krakow, be returned to Katowice in the evening.
IncludesAll entrance fees and tickets Private transport by air-conditioned car Private professional English-speaking driver Hotel pickup and drop-off Licensed English-speaking tour guide at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum Headsets at the museum to hear your guide clearly Private local guide in Krakow speaking in the chosen language, with extended tour option Traditional lunch of Polish dumplings, with extended tour option
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability