My Guide Website?
Katowice: Auschwitz and Krakow Old Town Private Guided Tour2 Reviews
Visit the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp with an Expert Guide to learn in detail about the horrors of the Holocaust. See the barracks, gas chambers, crematorium, memorials.
- Explore Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi concentration camp, with a Licensed
- Hear chilling accounts of World War II and the Holocaust
- See the barracks, gas chambers, mass graves, and more
- Discover Krakow Old Town on an extended walking tour (12-hour option only)
- Travel in comfort from Katowice in a private car
DescriptionAuschwitz-Birkenau, also known as Oswiecim, is a former Nazi concentration and extermination camp where around 1,1 million people perished during the less than 5 years of its existence. You can now discover its darkest secrets on a private trip from Krakow with tickets, transfers and a Licensed Guide included. Witness the horrors of the Holocaust. Choose the 6-hour option to visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum. Private transfers direct from your accommodation in Katowice are included in this tour, so you can easily reach the memorial site. During the Second World War (1940-1945), Auschwitz-Birkenau became the largest Nazi concentration camp complex. Your Private Guide will show you the rail track that was used to transfer thousands of Jewish people and political prisoners to the camp, where most of them died of disease, hunger and torture. You will visit the old barracks to see the bad conditions that the prisoners had to live in, and learn about forced labor, medical experiments and other horrific things that they had to endure in Auschwitz-Birkenau. You will see the gas chambers, crematorium and memorials on the site of the mass graves. Your Expert Guide will ensure that you learn a good lesson from this thought-provoking experience. Choose the 12-hour option to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and Krakow in 1 day! Discover the former capital of Poland with a Local Guide to learn interesting facts from its rich history, from the golden Middle Ages to World War II. Hear interesting stories and facts about Polish kings as you follow the Royal Route in the historic Old Town, and see the Wawel Castle, St. Mary’s Basilica, Cloth Hall, Old Town Hall, and more. In addition to a walking tour, you will have free time for lunch and souvenir shopping before your professional, English-speaking driver takes you back to Katowice.
IncludesPrivate trip from Katowice to Auschwitz-Birkenau and Krakow Old Town by Car (number of attractions depends on the selected option) Private tour of Auschwitz Museum with Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Headsets inside the Auschwitz Museum to hear your guide clearly Walking tour of Krakow Old Town with a Local Guide (12-hour option only) Private transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Katowice
- 'Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Groups can visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum only as part of the official museum tour led by a Licensed Guide. Please consider your purchase carefully as tours have to be booked in advance and entrance tickets are non-refundable. Please provide your full name when booking and don't forget to bring a photo ID with you. Admission may be refused if you enter your personal data incorrectly or do not provide proof of identity. We recommend bringing your own snacks or packed lunch to Auschwitz-Birkenau as it's in a remote location, and you can only buy snacks at the museum cafe. We can arrange lunch in Krakow upon request for the 12-hour tour. Please note that due to preserving historical authenticity, people with disabilities may find it difficult to move around in the museum. Wheelchairs are available from the Visitor Service Center but they have to be reserved in advance.