Krakow: 2-Day Auschwitz Museum and Salt Mine Guided Tour57 Reviews
Get the most out of your time in Krakow and visit 2 popular attractions on consecutive days. Learn more about life in the Nazi concentration camps at Auschwitz-Birkenau and see dramatic chambers carved from salt at Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Watch an informative documentary about the liberation of Auschwitz
- Learn the harrowing history of the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps
- Visit Poland's oldest mines at Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Marvel at statues and chapels carved from the rock salt
DescriptionEmbark on a poignant journey through history at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum and learn more about life at the concentration camps set up by the Nazis during World War II. Then, visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine the next day and marvel at salt rock formations deep underground. Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum: Benefit from pick-up at your hotel in the morning, and then travel to the village of Oświęcim by shared minivan or minibus. Watch an informative documentary about the labor camps on the way to prepare you for the moving experience upon arrival. Then, take a 3.5-hour guided tour of the harrowing complex to see some of the surviving buildings and personal artifacts. Wieliczka Salt Mine: Depart Krakow and drive to Wieliczka Salt Mine in the town of Wieliczka. Descend underground into the old royal mines of the Żupy krakowskie mining company to take a 2.5-hour tour of the complex. Admire statues and chapels carved out of the rock salt by the miners and see new carvings by contemporary artists before the drive back to Krakow. Get dropped off at your hotel or other location of your choice on arrival.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or minibus Fuel surcharge Professional guide Headsets to hear the guide clearly Skip-the-line entrance tickets Wi-Fi All taxes, fees and handling charges Insurance Food and drinks Fee to take photos at Wieliczka Salt Mine Tip for the driver
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- There are no age restrictions at Wieliczka Salt Mine or Auschwitz-Birkenau. Children should be capable of walking unassisted or carried in baby slings or carriers. Pushchairs are not allowed underground at the salt mine
- Temperatures at Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 59º Fahrenheit (15º Celsius). The narrow paths may feel claustrophobic and once underground you cannot shorten your visit or turn back. You will need to descend 400 steps at the entrance and the route features over 800 steps • Auschwitz-Birkenau mostly feature dirt tracks that may cause difficulties for wheelchair users
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY