My Guide Website?
Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour Pickup/Lunch Options8449 Reviews
Visit the Auschwitz Museum, the site of the largest Third Reich concentration camp. Learn how the complex functioned and see the barracks where prisoners were kept.
- Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau complex, the largest of the Nazi concentration camps
- Learn about the Holocaust from knowledgeable, English-speaking guides and staff
- Tour the permanent exhibitions and buildings at the Auschwitz I-Main Camp and the most important original camp buildings in Auschwitz II-Birkenau
DescriptionThis 3.5-hour educational tour about how this concentration camp claimed over 1 million victims is a must-see. The complex comprises 3 main camps: Auschwitz I was the administrative center; Auschwitz II, or Birkenau, was the extermination site; and Auschwitz III, or Monowitz, was a labor camp. Built in 1940, Auschwitz-Birkenau was the largest concentration camp operated by the Nazis. Before the liberation of Auschwitz on January 27, 1945, the SS attempted to destroy the camp and burn the archives. The Polish government restored Auschwitz–Birkenau as a moving memorial to the victims. Upon entering through the main entrance, see original camp buildings in the main part of the complex. Visit the museum with its permanent exhibition, an opportunity to learn about the real stories of prisoners and see their personal belongings. Finally, visit the extermination camp at Birkenau, where gas chambers and crematories are located. The duration of your visit to Auschwitz I lasts two hours and the visit to Auschwitz II lasts one hour. There are three breaks during the tour: the first is 10-20 minutes after arriving from Krakow; the second is 10-15 minutes before going to Auschwitz II, Birkenau Camp; and the third is 10 to 20-minute before heading back to Krakow.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from Krakow Entrance tickets to The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum Profesional Licensed Museum Guide Auschwitz I Main Camp tour Auschwitz II Birkenau Camp tour Lunchbox (if option selected)
- All participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entry may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- If you select the pickup option, please include the name and address. The supplier will get in touch with you regarding the exact time and place of the pickup
- Departure time and point depend on the option selected and might differ from the time listed. The exact pickup time will be confirmed up to 1 day prior to the tour date
- Due to the Museum Rules of the visit to both Camps lunch break is not included
- The pace and duration of the tours are determined by the museum. The activity provider has no control over the total time of the visit