My Guide Website?
Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Guided Tour297 Reviews
Experience the important Holocaust sites of Auschwitz and Birkenau, and see first-hand the camps where more than a million people were exterminated during the Third Reich. Knowledgeable local guides will take you on tours of both sites.
- Travel back to time as you visit the concentration camp of the Nazi Holocaust
- Learn about the historical and political background of Auschwitz camp
- Visit the prison blocks, gas chambers, and crematorium at the Auschwitz Camp
- See the main gate of Auschwitz and hear tragic stories from your guide
DescriptionVisit the concentrations camps at Auschwitz and Birkenau, tragically powerful symbols of 20th-century atrocities. The camp at Auschwitz was set up by the Nazis on the outskirts of Oświęcim, Poland in 1940. Built for the Third Reich, the camp was established to address the growing number of mass arrests of Poles and overcrowding in existing prisons. Initially the camp was to follow the model of others created by the Nazis in the 1930s. In 1942, however, it became the center for the Endlösung der Judenfrage, or the Final Solution, which was the Nazi plan to exterminate Jews from all Third Reich territories. Your experienced local guide will take you on tours of both Auschwitz and Birkenau. This will give you a better understanding of the Holocaust and Nazi crimes against the Poles, Gypsies, Jews, and many others. You’ll learn about the historical and political background behind the creation of the camp at Auschwitz as you visit the prison blocks, gas chambers, and crematorium.
IncludesEntrance tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau Transportation to/from Oswiecim and between the two parts of the Museum English-speaking tour leader Portable headset for each visitor Insurance for the duration of the tour
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- You are allowed to take photographs, but please do not use flash inside the blocks
- Short breaks for 10-15 minutes will be provided during the tour to give you time to relax, smoke a cigarette (outside of the museum only), or to buy a book in the gift shop
- You will be accompanied by an English-speaking tour leader
- If your tour is not in English, please make sure you made the reservation for the correct day
- The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Museum can not exceed dimensions: 30x20x10 cm. Please leave your bags in your cars or buses or the lockers