Krakow: Auschwitz Birkenau Museum Guided Tour with Pickup224 Reviews
Take a deep breath and go on a half day trip to a historical place from World War II -Nazi Germany's Concentration Camp at Auschwitz Birkenau. Learn about the genocide campaigns against Europe's Jewish populations.
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage–listed place
- Learn about the Nazi Holocaust
- See authentic evidence of crimes
- Hear stories about the everyday lives of prisoners
DescriptionIt is impossible for the people who were born after WWII to imagine what happened at the time of the Holocaust. A visit to Auschwitz Birkenau helps you understand the extent of the biggest human tragedy in history. The Nazi camp at Auschwitz was established in 1941 when the first prisoners were transported by train. For 4 years, the camp at Auschwitz was being expanded until Auschwitz II Birkenau was built, with gas chambers, and then Auschwitz III – a work camp. In 1945, thousands of people that had been physically and psychologically abused were liberated. The SS hurriedly destroyed most evidence of crimes and tests carried out on prisoners at the site. Your tour to Auschwitz starts at your hotel where your minivan with an English tour leader will pick you up. The distance between Krakow and Auschwitz Birkenau is around 65 kilometres so it takes approximately 1.5 hours. The tour includes visits to the two camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II Birkenau. You will see the remains of barracks, watchtowers, railway ramps, gas chambers, and crematoriums. The tour takes approximately 3.5 hours.
IncludesFree hotel pickup and hotel drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned car Professional and friendly guide Entrance to the museum Food and drinks
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- The maximum size of hand luggage is 30 x 20 x 10 cm; if your luggage is bigger, you can leave it in the locked bus parked next to the museum
- Valid student ID allows you to get a youth discount
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY