My Guide Website?
Krakow: Guided Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour22 Reviews
Take a unique tour by a licensed guide for a walk along a 3-kilometer tourist route 135 meters under the ground. With round-trip transportation from Krakow, this is the perfect chance to explore one of the most beautiful salt mines in Poland.
- Follow a tourist route 135 meters below ground
- See one of the most beatiful salt mines in Poland
- Marvel at the 20 chambers in this historic underground city
DescriptionYour tour begins in Krakow at the tour meeting point. From there your tour leader/English-speaking driver will pick you up and take you to Wieliczka. Prearranged tickets will be waiting for you at the salt mine, along with a local guide in your chosen language. The tour inside the Salt Mine lasts around 2.5 hours and starts with you walking down 400 steps. The tour will later end with a lift from the underground to the main ground level. Following your tour, you will be taken back to Krakow's meeting point. The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt excavation. The tourist route through the mine is located 135 meters underground, and is accessible by stairs only. It is an absolutely unique place to visit and is a must-see during your stay in Krakow. One of the major benefits of visiting the salt mine is the health benefit of its special climate and micro-element-filled air.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the salt mine Local guide in your chosen language Picture fees Transportation both ways
- Bring warm clothing, as the temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16 Celsius
- There are 800 steps to climb, be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly forbidden
- No animals are allowed in the mine
- Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 centimeters are not permitted inside the museum, please leave them at your hotel
- Student ID is required for student tickets