My Guide Website?
Krakow: Nowa Huta Steelworks & Shelter Guided Tour7 Reviews
Discover the Nowa Huta District, designed to serve ordinary workers of the local steelworks industry. Visit communist offices of steel mill and its bomb shelter together with your guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the typical Socialist Realist architecture of Nowa Huta
- Admire the steelworks administration building
- Hear anecdotes, tales related to life during the communist era from your guide
- Go down to the underground shelters built in preparation for a nuclear war
DescriptionDiscover a different part of Krakow - Nowa Huta, a district of Socialist realism. Learn about its 20th-century history from your local guide and visit the Administrative Centre of the Steelworks and Bunkers. Meet your guide at the main gates of the Administrative Centre to begin your tour. Hear different stories about the events that took place in the imposing building before exploring the neighborhood. As you go through the district of Nowa Huta find out how it was built as the ideal utopian city under the infuence of Soviet Union and served as a testimony to the power of the communist state. Understand the more complicated parts of history as you head to an underground shelter from the Cold War and hear anecdotes and tales about life during communism in Poland.
IncludesGuided tour Museum entry ticket
- This tour does not enter the industrial steelworks area