My Guide Website?
Krakow: Old Town and Wawel Castle Guided Tour
Experience Krakow in a nutshell - walk through the medieval Royal Route from St. Florian's Gate through the Main Square and visit the Royal Castle and the Cathedral with a guide, guaranteed tickets
- Admire the beauty of the buildings in the Main Square
- Walk along the medieval Royal Route dotted with monuments
- Immerse yourself in the heavenly peace in the interior of the Wawel Cathedral
- Explore the royal chambers and learn about the realities of the rulers' lives
DescriptionThe 'Royal Route' - that was the name of the route from the Florian Gate, the front gate of the city, to the Royal Castle on Wawel Hill, all royal motorcades drove along this route, crossing the city from north to south. This Royal Route tour shows all the places connected with the power and prestige Poland was enjoying in the past centuries, when Kraków was its capital. Nowadays it is a tourist route: the Church of St. Mary, the Market Square with the Passage Rows of Sukiennica, the University Quarter, the Franciscan Monastery, St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral and finally Wawel Hill itself with the Cathedral. We will retrace with the local guide the paths of the Polish Kings and Queens – either on the Main Square or the Wawel Hill. The very best way to think of them is in fact while strolling around the Royals Chambers, as they are still there, on the portraits, and in the things they left, which remind us of the past times. With a bit of an imagination we can see the Monarchs of Poland dancing, flirting, taking the crucial decisions… In the museum and the Cathedral we will have a unique opportunity to feel the spirit of Old Poland – the country whose citizens, strongly cultivating the Catholic religion, were at the same time longing for the pleasures of life so much that finally, in the end of the 18th century, they caused the partition of their beloved homeland.
IncludesProfessional guide Entrance tickets to the Royal's Chambers Entrance tickets to the Cathedral
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.