My Guide Website?
Krakow: the Old Town and the Wawel Castle Guided Tour
Experience Krakow in a nutshell with a walk through the medieval Royal Route from St. Florian's Gate through the Main Square. Visit the Royal Castle and the Cathedral with tickets and guide included.
- Explore the royal chambers and learn about the realities of the rulers' lives
- Immerse yourself in the heavenly peace in the interior of the Wawel Cathedral
- Admire the beauty of the buildings in the Main Square
- Walk along the medieval Royal Route dotted with monuments
- Follow your guide through history and discover Old Poland
DescriptionTake a guided walking tour of Krakow and discover the history of Poland along the Royal Route in Old Town. Cross the city from north to south and discover all the places that connect power with prestige. Enter into cathedrals, visit the Wawel Castel, and retrace the step of Polish Kings and Queens. Meet your guide and step onto the 'Royal Route,' the path that winds from the Florian Gate to the Royal Castle on Wawel Hill. Be transported back into past centuries, when Krakow was Poland's capital, and see all the significant sights. Admire as you walk the Church of St. Mary, the Market Square with the Passage Rows of Sukiennica, the University Quarter, and the Franciscan Monastery. Walk as though you are royalty, and enter into St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral. Finally, arrive at Wawel Hill itself, and experience the castle and cathedral with tickets and your guide included. Learn all about the history of the Royal Chambers, gaze at the portraits, and look through all the things they left behind. Use your imagination and see the Monarchs of Poland dancing, flirting, and making all the crucial decisions for the country. In the museum and the Cathedral, experience the spirit of Old Poland and understand a country whose citizens strongly cultivated the Catholic religion while at the same time longed for the pleasures of life.
IncludesGuide Entrance tickets to the Royal's Chambers Entrance tickets to the Cathedral
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women You may risk being refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements