Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Miners Route Tour1 Reviews
Discover Wieliczka Salt Mine, and retrace the steps of the miners as you explore the site with an experienced guide. Learn about the legends that surround the mine, visit the underground chapel, and admire salt sculptures and lakes.
- Explore long serpentine corridors leading to the mine's magnificent underground chambers
- See unique sculptures carved into the rock salt in the underground chapel
- Learn about the history of the mine and its many legends
- Catch a ride to the surface in a real miner's lift
- Wear typical miners' clothes and helmets with a light
DescriptionThe tour begins with pickup from your hotel in Krakow and travels to the famous Wieliczka Salt Mine. Meet your guide for the day and then head underground for a 2-hour tour of this fascinating location. As you delve deeper into the mine, notice how the temperature changes from the world above, remaining at a stable 14 to 16 degrees all year round. Listen to your guide share fascinating stories and legends about the mine as you trace the pathways of the miners down 800 steps to reach a depth of 135 meters underground. Walk along almost 1.5 km of meandering corridors through the mine, visiting numerous underground chambers and caverns along the way. As you explore, admire the incredible salt sculptures and lakes that have formed here and then return to the surface in an authentic miner’s lift.
IncludesRound trip transportation from Krakow Hotel pickup and drop-off Museum entrance fees English-speaking driver English-speaking guide (provided by the mine) Bottled water or Pepsi, Cola or Red Bull Permit to take photos/record films (10 PLN) Meals
- • Fairly warm clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability