My Guide Website?
Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Skip-the-Line Ticket & Transfer193 Reviews
Explore the underground labyrinth of the Wieliczka Salt Mines on this tour from Krakow. Discover salt-carved art, an underground chapel, and old mining equipment that dates back to Middle Ages.
- Journey back in time to the founding of these fascinating and expansive mines
- Hear an entertaining rendition of the mines' 700-year history from your guide
- Marvel at the light reflecting in the St. Kinga's Chapel onto the carved salt
- Go deep under the surface of the Earth through lakes and rooms carved froms alt
- Stroll past sacred art, sculptures, and works based on the history of the mine
DescriptionStep back in time at the UNESCO-listed mining heritage museum in the Wieliczka Salt Mines on this guided tour from Krakow. Reach a depth of 64 meters as you pass by vast underground and lakes and thorugh chambers of carved salt. Transfer to the mine from a centrally-located meeting point in Krakow in a comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle and then begin your descent into this facinating underground world that has been in use since the Middle Ages. Navigate through a number of chambers to see lakes, shrines, and salt monuments. Follow the underground trail through numerous drifts and galleries, where traces of mining activity have been preserved. See examples of sacred art and themed compositions relating to the history of the mine. Watch as light reflects off of chandeliers onto intricately carved salt in the St Kinga's Chapel which is dedicated to the patron saint of salt miners.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Salt Mine Live guide Transport from meeting point Hotel pickup (if private transport option selected)
- Senior citizens are required to present a valid photo ID with their date of birth to receive a discount Students are required to present a valid student's photo ID Hotel pick-up is available for selected hotels (if the option is chosen) In case of lacking information about the hotel, you will be picked up from a meeting point The temperature in the mine is a constant 14 degrees, and it is recommended you bring warm clothes even in summer There are 800 steps, including 380 at the start, so please wear comfortable shoes