My Guide Website?
Nowa Huta: Administrative Centre Building Guided Tour1 Reviews
Take a guided walking tour through Krakow's Nowa Huta neighborhood. Witness the Socialist realist architecture at the Administrative Centre of the Steelworks and Bunkers and enter the Nowa Huta Museum.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hear anecdotes, tales related to life during the communist era from your guide
- Go down to the underground shelters built in preparations for a nuclear war
- See the typical Socialist Realist architecture of Nowa Huta
- Admire the steelworks administration building
DescriptionDiscover the Administrative Centre of the Steelworks and Bunkers in Nowa Huta and learn about its 20th-century history from your local guide. Meet your guide at the main gates of the Administrative Centre to begin your tour. Hear different stories about the events that took place in the imposing building before exploring the neighborhood. As you go through the district of Nowa Huta find out how it was designed to serve ordinary workers of the local steelworks industry and served as a testimony to the power of the communist state. Understand the more complicated parts of history as you head to an underground shelter from the Cold War and hear anecdotes and tales about life during communism in Poland.
IncludesGuide Museum entry ticket
- This tour does not enter the industrial steelworks area