My Guide Website?
Poland: Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided tour & Wawel Audio Guide
Visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine with a live guide on this excursion from Krakow. Roam freely and discover Wawel Hill on your own with a full audio-guided tour.
- Visit one of the most important monuments of mineral and religious culture in Poland
- Learn the history of the most important castle in Poland
- Follow the tourist route that's located 135 meters below ground
- Experience one of the don't-miss attractions in Krakow
DescriptionBook this tour to Wieliczka Salt Mine and meet your driver at the designated meeting point in Krakow. Once you are finished visiting the salt mine, Krakow awaits you, beer and pierogi in hand, so grab your audio guide and hit Wawel Hill. The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times. That's 9 centuries strong of salt exploitation. The tourist route through the mine is located 135 m underground and is accessible by stairs or by elevator. Follow your guide through the labyrinthine chambers as you learn about the mine's health benefits due to its special climate and micro-element-filled air. The Wawel tour takes 2 hours and it starts at Tourist Information, Grodzka 52A. From there, follow your audioguide to Kanonicza Street and then Wawel Hill via Herbowa Gate. The tour includes Wawel Hill as well as the main and arcaded courtyards. It ends next to the Dragon’s den. Wawel Hill has been a hallowed royal residence dating from the 11th century, where crownings and burials take place. The complex consists of the Royal Castle, magnificent Cathedral, Crown Treasury and Armory, the Dragon’s den and beautiful courtyards.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from the meeting point in Krakow Licensed, guided tour English-speaking driver Air-conditioned vehicle Wawel Hill Audio guide Food and drinks
- Please note the tour time is the arrival time at the meeting point for Wieliczka Salt Mine tour. The Wawel Hill audio guide tour can be conducted anytime you wish. The audio guide can be picked up everyday between 9:30 and 16:00 at Tourist Information Grodzka 52A in Kraków. More information about Salt Mine:
- Skip the line ticket allows you to not stand in the queue to the office ticket, but you might wait in the queue with the whole group to enter the Salt Mine due to many people visiting
- Please bring warm clothing as the temperature underground ranges between 14°C and 16°C (about 57°F and 61°F)
- Please wear comfortable shoes to climb the 800 steps
- Smoking and open fires in the mine are strictly prohibited
- No animals are allowed in the mine, nor Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 cm
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now