Tracing Jewish Culture – Krakow, Poland
Retrace the steps of Jewish culture in Poland since the 14th century in the Krakow district of Kazimierz, seen in the film "Schindler's List," and the former concentration camp of Płaszów.
- Explore Kazimierz, the city’s historical Jewish district
- Visit the Old Synagogue, Remuh Synagogue and Cemetery and other sites
- Hear about Kazimierz in WWII and how its people were herded into the Jewish ghetto
- Learn how Steven Spielberg filmed Schindler’s List here and see some of the locations
- Visit the Oscar Schindler’s Factory museum to chart how Schindler saved many Jewish lives
DescriptionJoin an enlightening journey tracing Jewish culture, and history in Krakow; leading you through the historic district of Kazimierz, to the site of the former Nazi concentration camp of Płaszów. Named after the king who invited the Jews to Poland in the 14th century, Kazimierz became a flourishing centre of Jewish religion and culture. Due to a policy of religious tolerance that prevailed in Poland from the 15th century, the district became a safe haven for diverse groups of Jewish refugees from all over Europe until the Nazi occupation of WWII. The tour aims to retrace this cultural diversity, resulting not only in the construction of numerous synagogues (including the oldest preserved synagogue in Poland), but also the absolutely unique atmosphere which is still present today. Visit numerous sites along the route, including locations that appeared in the filming of the Oscar winning drama Schindler's List. Conclude the tour with a visit to the Krakow suburb of Płaszów, and the monument commemorating the victims of the former Nazi concentration camp.
IncludesEnglish speaking guide. Hotel pick-up from most hotels. Entrance fees. Gratuities. Food, and drink.
- The pick-up bus is not necessarily the tour bus – you may be changing buses depending on scheduling.
- Please accept our apologies if departure is delayed due to heavy traffic.
- If you wish to come directly to our bus station, our central starting point is at the Cracovia Hotel.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability