My Guide Website?
Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour from Krakow371 Reviews
Visit the former concentration and extermination camps of Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau. Learn about their tragic history with a live guide.
- Learn about the history of Auschwitz and the Holocaust
- Visit the largest of the former Nazi concentration camps
- See the former gas chambers and the barracks where prisoners were kept
- Choose between private and shared tours in different languages
DescriptionTravel to Auschwitz-Birkenau on a 7-hour trip from Krakow. Visit the largest death camp in human history, and an infamous site of genocide during WWII. Auschwitz-Birkenau is synonymous with the worst atrocities ever committed. The camp was built by the Nazis in 1940 in the suburbs of Oswiecim. The total number of deaths is estimated at over 1.5 million people, representing 28 nationalities. Nearly 90 per cent of those killed were Jews. A visit to the former concentration camp is certain to be memorable because it makes it possible to imagine the scale of the Holocaust. Since 1979 the site has been listed by UNESCO on its Cultural and Natural World Heritage list.
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Round-trip transportation to Auschwitz Guided group tour with a live guide (if option selected)
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Maximum luggage/bag/purse/backpack size is 30x20x10cm
- If your child is less than 150 cm tall, please inform the supplier so that a child seat can be arranged
- From March 2020, new guidelines at Auschwitz-Birkenau mean booking well in advance is the only way to ensure you are able to visit. It is generally possible to change your ticket date and time after purchase if necessary. Be sure to contact the local partner with any questions you may have about your booking time and date
- The pace and duration of the tours are determined by the memorial's visitor service
- Time of departure is approximate and may change up to 3 hours