Warsaw: Full-day Tour to Krakow and Auschwitz by Train1 Reviews
Visit Auschwitz–Birkenau Concentration Camp and Krakow on a day trip from Warsaw. Learn about the tragic stories of World War II and see one of Poland's most beautiful cities in one day.
- Learn about the tragic history of the Holocaust
- See the UNESCO listed old city of Krakow
- Benefit from a guided tour in Auschwitz and Birkenau Camp
- Enjoy 3 hours of free time to explore the beautiful city of Krakow
DescriptionFollowing an early morning pickup from your accommodation in Warsaw, get transferred to the train station with a private vehicle. Your English-speaking driver will assist you with the check-in and wait until you are boarded for the train to Krakow. After a short train ride, you will be welcomed by a local English-speaking driver and start your tour via shared transportation to Auschwitz. Embark on a 3.5-hour guided group tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau. Start the tour with a visit to the Auschwitz concentration camp where you'll learn about how its establishment by German Nazis on the outskirts of the town Oswiecim in 1940. After the war, the camp was turned into a museum displaying evidence of the genocide, which you will have the opportunity to browse. In the museum watch a film made after the liberation of the camp shown in various languages. After spending time in Auschwitz continue the tour to the Birkenau section of the concentration camp. Discover how, in 1941, the German Nazis established a new camp called Auschwitz II Birkenau. Between 1942-1945, approximately 1.5 million people lived and died here. Around 90% of them were Jews, others were Poles, Gypsies, Russians, and prisoners from 28 countries of Europe. In 1979, Auschwitz–Birkenau Concentration Camp was listed as a UNESCO World Culture and National Heritage Site. Depart Auschwitz-Birkenau for a 1.5-hour journey to Krakow. You will have three hours of free time to see the Main Market Square in Krakow, the biggest Medieval old town square in Europe. In the Old Town, visit Wawel Hill where the Cathedral and the Royal Castle are, the Town Hall Tower, St. Mary’s Basilica, Krakow Barbican, and Sukiennice, famously known as the Cloth Hall. Absorb the city's unique atmosphere with its thousands of bars and delightful regional restaurants, historic buildings, and horse-driven cabs. During the trip, there will be time to eat lunch in a restaurant. After your time in Krakow board the train at about 7.30 PM, get picked up at the platform and be transferred from the train station back to your hotel in Warsaw.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transfer to train station Local driver/assistance Round-trip train tickets (2nd class) Shared transportation between Krakow and Auschwitz Sightseeing tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau English-speaking guide Food and drinks
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- The time of pickup depends on the pickup location and the departure time of the train which is subject to change. The exact time will be confirmed a day before the tour
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve your transport nowCHECK AVAILABILITY