My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine Full-Day Trip209 Reviews
Embark on a full-day trip from Krakow to Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Experience one of the darkest chapters in history at the camp before witnessing the craftsmanship of the mine.
- Learn 2 lessons from history at Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Take a poignant tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps
- Reflect on the history of WWII and the Holocaust as you walk the camp grounds
- Go to subterranean levels and explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Learn about the history of salt mining amongst impressive salt structures
DescriptionVisit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial and the Wieliczka Salt Mine on this full-day trip from Krakow. Take a sobering tour of the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps before having a unique walk through the underground world of Wieliczka. Enter Auschwitz-Birkenau and take an informative tour with a licensed guide. As you go through the grounds hear about the operational factors of the Nazi concentration and extermination camp. Learn from history as you trace one of the 20th century's darkest chapters. Descend into the Wieliczka Salt Mine and be impressed by the art and different salt constructions made in the depths of the earth. Walk through the mine's floors, walls, and corridors and gain insight into the history of mining.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option is selected) Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Licensed guide Entrance ticket to Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II (Birkenau) Entrance ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine Lunchbox: with ham, with cheese or with hummus (if option is selected)
- In exceptional cases, due to the regulations of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial and for mutual safety in connection with the coronavirus pandemic, the local partner reserves the right to change the pickup time The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine is about 14 - 16°C. It is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer There are 800 steps into the salt mine, including 380 right at the start. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the museum cannot exceed the dimensions of 30x20x10 centimeters. You will be asked to leave your bigger belongings in a car or in luggage storage