My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour66 Reviews
Journey through history on a day trip from Krakow. Pay your respects to victims of the Holocaust at Auschwitz-Birkenau and see the beautiful chapels of Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Visit the memorial to the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps
- View tragic artifacts from the Holocaust
- Marvel at the salt chapels in Wieliczka Salt Mine
DescriptionDepart Krakow and travel to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, to explore the horrific concentration camps used by the Nazis during World War II. Learn the tragic story of the mass extermination that took place at the camps, and see heart breaking artifacts that date back to the days of the Holocaust. Discover monuments to the tragedy, including original buildings, still standing as a sober reminder of the terrible events. Learn more about the history of the camps from an official museum guide. Visit both the Auschwitz and Birkenau camps, located just three kilometers apart, and then get some free time to have your own packed lunch. Continue onto the Wieliczka Salt Mine, the oldest salt mine in Poland. Explore the salt chambers, with the help of an expert, licensed museum guide and learn about the history of the site. View the magnificent chapels, built into the salt, and the incredible carvings of contemporary artists.
IncludesRound trip transportation, including pick-up and drop off Expert, English-speaking guide Entry fees to above mentioned attractions
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- There will be approximately 1 hour for lunch between tours and the driver might recommend a restaurant if needed
- Bare in mind there is a lot of stairs to climb to enter the salt mine
- You are not permitted to enter Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum with large bags or backpacks
- The tour usually starts between 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM
- Those under the influence of alcohol or any other substance are prohibited from entering the museum