My Guide Website?
From Kraków: Częstochowa & Łagiewniki Pilgrim Sites Tour3 Reviews
Discover the two most-visited places of pilgrimage in southern Poland at Częstochowa and Łagiewniki. Follow in the footsteps of millions of pilgrims come to pray at these sites every year.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See a painting of the Black Madonna
- Learn the history of the Częstochowa Monastery
- Explore the spiritual capital of Poland
- Visit Sanctuary of Divine Mercy located in Łagiewniki
DescriptionVisit the basilica and monastery located in the city of Częstochowa, one of the most important centers of religious worship in Poland. Regarded by many as Poland's spiritual capital, Częstochowa has been a site of pilgrimage for Poles for hundreds of years. High on the mountain top, the monastery holds the most famous shrine to the Virgin Mary in Poland and is also home to a Black Madonna painting rumored to have been painted by St. Luke. The Black Madonna, depicting the Mother of God with the Christ Child, is believed to have miraculous powers by those who visit her. Then, visit the Shrine of the Divine Mercy, located in the southern part of Kraków. The shrine is world's largest center of devotion to the Divine Mercy. Every year millions of pilgrims from all over the world seeking graces. See the vast sanctuary, the Congregation of the Sisters of God's Mother of Mercy, the main church, and an array of chapels. You'll also see the statue of Our Lady of Mercy, statues of St. Stanisław Kostka and St. Mary Magdalene, a picture of St. Joseph with the Child, and a coffin with relics of St. Sister Faustina. You can enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the viewing tower.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional licensed English-speaking driver Admission fees Water
- There is a dress code for entering places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed, and knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You risk being refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- The order of the activities can be changed