My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Morskie Oko, Zakopane & Thermal Baths3 Reviews
Take a 4-hour hike in Morskie Oko and be surrounded by stunning views and dense forest as you trek to the glacial lake. Visit Zakopane, a ski town located at the foot of the Tatra Mountains. Relax for 3 hours at the thermal baths in Chocholow.
- Absorb stunning views of the Tatra Mountains and surrounding nature
- Enjoy a leisurely trek to the scenic Morskie Oko glacial lake
- Visit the local bazaar on Krupowki Street in Zakopane and shop around for unique souvenirs
- Take the funicular up Mount Gubalowka and scale the heights of the Tatras Mountain Range
- Wind down after an action-packed day for 3 hours in thermal baths
DescriptionEnjoy an action-packed day taking a scenic hike to a glacial lake at Morskie Oko, exploring the town of Zakopane, and relaxing in the thermal baths in Chocholow. After getting picked up from your accommodation in Krakow, admire the views during your 2-hour drive toward the Tatra Mountains, the highest mountain chain in Poland. Arrive at the base of the Morskie Oko hike and prepare yourself for beautiful nature and stunning views. Trek up the mountain at a leisurely pace for approximately 2 hours until you reach the Morski Oko Lake. The lake was formed from glaciers in the mountains and its name means the Eye of the Sea. While at the lake, relax for a bit before heading back down on another 2-hour hike. Next, head to Zakopane and take a trip up Gubalowka Mountain by funicular. After, spend time on Krupowki Street and soak up the authentic atmosphere of the city. Peruse the shops and restaurants, and try some traditional cottage cheese. Zakopane carries the proud name of the 'skiing capital of Poland' and its the country's most popular holiday resort. From Zakopane, move on to Chocolow and visit the Chocholowska Baths, the largest thermal complex in Podhale. The water here is extracted from a depth of nearly 3,600 meters (11,811 feet) and submerged rocks emit beneficial micronutrients such as sulfur, calcium, magnesium, and sodium. Unwind for 3 hours in the 8 whirlpools of thermal water, the swimming pool brine bath, and the outdoor swimming pools, all with a temperature of 36° Celsius (97° Fahrenheit).
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional English-speaking driver Entrance to Morskie Oko Funicular tickets Ticket to thermal baths Small gift: free traditional cottage cheeses Water
- Comfortable shoes are advised as this tour involves many hours of walking.
- Take swimwear, a towel, and flip flops for the thermal baths.
- The pickup time is approximate — it may take up to 15 minutes before the driver shows up. The exact starting time will be confirmed one day before the tour.
- The order of the activities can change.