My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine & Auschwitz Guided Trip2 Reviews
Learn about the tragedy of the Auschiwtz concentration camp and make a visit underground to the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Wieliczka Salt Mine on a guided day trip from Krakow.
- Choose the group size between 20, 25, 30, 35 or 40 people
- Enjoy worry-free whole day tour organising with hotel pickup, transport, tickets and guides already included
- Find out facts about both Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Salt Mine from licenced tour guides
- See the infamous entrance gate, barracks and railway platform
- Marvel at dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt
DescriptionWait for your driver to pick you up from your hotel/accommodation in Krakow and travel to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum or Wieliczka Salt Mine first (the order can vary depending on a particular day and time chosen). Meet your authorised, live guide on-site and follow them into Auschwitz I where you will have a chance to walk on the ground of the former camp, built in 1940. Use a headset provided to let you hear the guide's words no matter the distance or group size. See exhibitions presenting shoes, pots and other everyday life objects belonging to people who were kept in this place. In Auschwitz II-Birkenau walk along the railway which facilitated transports to the other part of the camp. See ruins of gas chambers in which people 'vanished' on a mass scale. Reflecting on the knowledge gained, travel with your driver to Wieliczka Salt Mine. The mine is around 800 steps down deep. When you stop on particular floors on the tourist route you can be astonished by the salt sculptures and objects within it, made and left by the miners. Like before - the headset will let you hear the guide clearly while listening to the hisotry of the mine and carvings observed. When the visit ends - take a lift up and get back with your driver to Krakow.
IncludesHotel pickup Professional and licenced transport service Skip-the-line entrance tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum & Wieliczka Salt Mine English guided group tour with live guides Headsets to hear the tour guides clearly Transport back to Krakow, near the city centre
- Participants need to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking (entrance on side might be refused if the names do not match IDs/passports) • Maximum entrance luggage/bag/purse/backpack size is 30x20x10cm (A4 sheet size)
- Let your supplier know if your child is less than 150cm tall - a child seat will be arranged
- From March 2020, new guidelines mean booking in advance is the only way to ensure you are able to visit it. It is generally possible to change your ticket date and time after purchase if necessary.
- The temperature in the Salt Mine is around 14-15 degrees Celsius - you will spend around 2-2.5 hours over there, please dress accordingly
- Time of departure is approximate and may change up to 3 hours
- The pace and duration of the tours are determined by the memorial's visitor service. your guides have no influence on the breaks' duration
- Type of transportation (small bus/van/car) depends on the overall number of participants