My Guide Website?
From Kraków: Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour2 Reviews
Discover the Wieliczka Salt Mine with an authorized guide and see original caves, ramps, lakes, chambers, and shafts. Follow a specially prepared tourist route located 135 meters underground.
- Explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine with an authorized guide
- Learn the history of the salt mine, from the 13th century
- Buy unique rock salt souvenirs
- Return to the surface in the original mining elevator
DescriptionDiscover one of the most important industrial sites of the Middle Ages on a guided tour of the impressive Wieliczka Salt Mine. We will pick you up from your hotel in Krakow and then travel in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan with a professional driver. Meet your authorized guide upon arrival, then venture underground to discover a unique underground art museum. Eight hundred steps down, you will reach a depth of 135 meters, following a route of approximately 2 kilometers through a variety of chambers. Currently, it is one of the official national monuments of Poland - and is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. In the Wieliczka salt mine, there are dozens of statues and four chapels carved by rock salt miners, as well as additional sculptures made by contemporary artists.
IncludesEntrance ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine Hotel pickup and drop-off (If selected) Transportation by air-conditioned minibus (If selected) Authorized guide Headsets
- You will need to walk down 800 steps to enter the salt mines. The return trip back to ground level is by original elevator
- The hotel pickup time is subject to change. In the event of this occurring you will be informed by phone, email or at reception
- Bring valid student ID if you book a reduced price ticket