My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour41 Reviews
Experience one of Poland’s most popular attractions on a 2.5-hour guided tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Marvel at beautiful chambers, salt sculptures, and lakes 135 kilometers underground.
- Visit Poland's beautiful and unique Wieliczka Salt Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Follow the tourist route located 135 meters underground on a 3-kilometer tour
- Marvel at the 20 chambers and salt sculptures in this historic mine dating back to the 13th century
DescriptionEnjoy round-trip transportation to the famous Wielczka Salt Mine, and take an in-depth guided tour through this stunning Polish Historic Monument, dating back to the 13th century. Witness beautiful chambers carved in salt — including the exceptional St. Kinga’s Chapel — on a 3-kilometer tourist route. After meeting your English-speaking tour guide/driver at the meeting point in Krakow, enjoy the ride to the nearby town of Wieliczka. Prearranged tickets will be waiting for you at the salt mine along with a local guide in your chosen language. The tour inside the salt mine starts by walking down 380 steps, taking you 135 meters underground. Explore the labyrinthine passageways, tunnels, and shafts as you walk through this UNESCO World Heritage site. On the tour, you will also see underground lakes, 4 chapels, and unique statues carved by miners out of rock salt. The salt mine is a truly unique place to visit and a must-see during your stay in Krakow. After the 2.5-hour tour, a lift will take you from the underground back up to the main ground level. Your driver will then drive you back to the meeting point in Krakow.
IncludesRound-trip transportation Entrance ticket to the salt mine Local guide in chosen language Picture-taking fee (included in ticket price)
- The temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16 degrees Celsius
- Please note, there are 800 steps to climb, and 350 of these are at the beginning heading down into the mine
- Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly prohibited
- No animals are allowed in the mine, and the mine does not offer any animal shelters of its own for your pets
- Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 cm are not permitted inside the museum — please leave them at your hotel