My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour79 Reviews
Step back in time and explore the salt industry of Poland on a guided tour of the amazing Wieliczka Salt Mine. See magnificent rock formations and masterpieces of contemporary art carved from salt.
- Visit one the oldest salt mines in Poland
- Breathe deeply underground and feel the benefit to your health
- Discover beautiful chambers and chapels carved out of rock salt
DescriptionDepart Krakow city center and journey to the extraordinary Wieliczka Salt Mine in the nearby surroundings to see where table salt was produced from the 13th century to the year 2007. Upon arrival, enter the labyrinth of corridors and chambers that stretch over 9 levels and up to 327 meters below sea level. Follow your guide through the numerous underground chambers and galleries to see amazing subterranean lakes and drifts. Experience the unique microclimate of the mine, said to be ideal for those who suffer for asthma and allergies, and feel the benefits to your health. Learn more about how the site was formed by generations of miners working over centuries. Now one of Poland's national Historic Monuments, the attraction features dozens of statues, 4 chapels carved out of rock and rock salt art by contemporary artists.
IncludesTransportation Entrance fees Professional guide Hotel pickup and drop-off in Krakow City Centre
- The maximum size of bags allowed in the salt mine is 35 x 20 x 20 centimeters
- Permission to take photos is available for PLN 10
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible. People with disabilities may find the area difficult, but can be accommodated on request
- The temperature in the mine is about 14 to 16 degrees Celsius
- There is no lunch break during the tour
- There are approximately 800 steps along the route