My Guide Website?
Krakow: Guided Kazimierz Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
Discover Krakow's Jewish Quarter on a guided walking tour. See the historic Old Synagogue, marvel at the original Schindler's Factory, and learn the tragic history of Krakow's Jewish Ghetto.
- Immerse yourself in history as you stroll through the historic Jewish QUurter
- Learn about the rich history and cultural traditions of Prague's Jewish people
- See the top highlights of Krakow's Jewish Quarter, including the Old Synagogue
- Visit the somber memorial at the Plac Bhoaterow Getta Square in Podgorze Ghetto
- Stand outside Pankiewicz Eagle's Pharmacy and marvel at Schindler's Factory
DescriptionExplore the Jewish Quarter of Krakow with a guide on this walking tour. Stroll down Szeroka Street, see the old city walls, and remember the city's tragic past at the Plac Bohaterow Getta Square. Meet your guide outside the immense Old Synagogue and begin your journey through Krakow's Kazimierz district. As you walk, learn about the area's rich Jewish traditions and past, dating from the medieval ages. Stroll down Szeroka Street after admiring the Old Synagogue, and stop to see Remah Synagogue, home to the Old Jewish Cemetary. Continue to see the old city walls before heading to the industrial district, Zabłocie. See the original Schindler’s factory and then head to Podgorze Ghetto. See where Krakow's Jewish residents lived in fear during WWII. Hear about the lifesaving actions of the employees of Pankiewicz Eagle's Pharmacy and pay tribute at the Plac Bohaterow Getta Square memorial.
IncludesWalking tour of the Jewish Quarter Guide
- If you decide to visit a synagogue or Jewish cemetery, men must cover their heads (yarmulkas are available for free) This tour involves about 2 hours of walking