Krakow: Kazimierz Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
Be led on a walking tour of the Jewish district of Kazimierz, and discover the secrets of its rich history. Enjoy the option to explore additional areas for a richer cultural experience.
- Visit the famous Jewish district in Krakow
- Admire the unique architecture of this area
- See the magnificence of the old synagogues
- Discover historic attractions
- Hear incredible stories from a professional guide
DescriptionEnjoy a guided walking tour in Krakow’s Kazimierz district to discover the Jewish history of this area. See local shops, and visit beautifully preserved synagogues. Listen to your guide share amazing stories of Jewish families that lived here previously. Explore the Kazimierz district, and view how the memory of its rich history has been preserved in synagogues, prayer houses, and small shops located around Kazimierz. Be guided along the famous Szeroka Street with both the Remah Synagogue and the Old Synagogue, the storied walls of the old town, Plac Nowy (New Square), and many charming streets teeming with life today. Choose from the additional tour options to take a walk in Krakow's Podgórze district, where the ghetto was located during World War II. Along this route, take a look at the Pankiewicz Eagle Pharmacy and Ghetto Heroes Square with a monument made of 68 chairs. Or select the option to visit a modern exhibition devoted to the occupation of Krakow. The exhibit is located in the former enamel factory associated with the name of the German entrepreneur Oskar Schindler.
IncludesProfessional guide Entrance ticket to the Remah Synagogue and Cemetery Entrance ticket to the Old Synagogue Food or drinks
- This tour runs rain or shine. Please dress accordingly and bring an umbrella in case of rain If you decide to visit a synagogue or Jewish cemetery, men are obliged to cover their head. You can borrow a kippah for free
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability