My Guide Website?
Krakow: Nowa Huta Guided Tour in Vintage Car152 Reviews
Explore the district of Nowa Huta with a local guide by retro car. See the typical Socialist Realist architecture of the planned neighborhood, designed as a utopian city by the Communist regime.
- Explore one of the most interesting and more recent neighborhoods of Krakow
- See the typical Socialist Realist architecture of Nowa Huta
- Learn how the area was planned as a utopian city
- Get up close to a Soviet tank from World War II
- Go down to the underground shelters built in preparation for a nuclear war
DescriptionGet an interesting lesson about the history of Nowa Huta and see typical examples of Socialist Realist architecture aboard a Communist-era car. Learn where the large statue of Lenin stood on Aleja Róż (Avenue of Roses), and marvel at the grandeur of Plac Centralny (Central Square). Get familiar with the history of Polish communism by taking a ride in a classic Polish car of that era and visiting bomb shelters that were built around a city in the case of World War III. Take a stroll through the Central Square and Roses Avenue, where Poland's biggest statue of Lenin once stood. See the remains of Socialist Realism architecture and learn more about the urban layout of the city. Discover the city’s huge steelworks initiative, which was the reason for its foundation. Travel through time in either a Polish Fiat 126 model “Maluch,” Lada 2101, classic Nysa, Żuk, or even a soviet army van model UAZ 452. Upgrade your tour to the extended 3.5-hour option and include a visit to either a Cold War bomb shelter or a communist director's offices of steelworks.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off on request NGO-experienced Nowa Huta guide Transportation by classic car Steelworks director's offices visit (if option chosen) Cold War HQ bomb shelter visit (if option chosen)
- This tour is in English, but can also be organized in Polish, Russian, if booked at least 48 hours in advance, subject to availability
- The tour is organized by the local NGO, The Foundation of Positive Promotion of Nowa Huta