My Guide Website?
Krakow: Plaszow Concentration Camp Walking Tour
Learn about the history of the Krakow-Plaszow concentration camp on this guided tour from Krakow. Hear about Oskar Schindler and how the camp featured in the Spielberg movie "Schindler's List."
- Witness the tragic history of Nazi rule and forced labor at Krakow-Plashov
- Remember the victims of the Holocaust at Krakow-Plashov camp's somber memorials
- Take a comprehensive tour of Plaszow Concentration Camp with a lguide
- Learn about the life of Oskar Schindler and where Schindler's List was filmed
- Discover what daily life was like for prisoners at the camp under Nazi rule
DescriptionVisit the former concentration camp Krakow-Plashov on a guided tour from Krakow. Pay your respects at memorials dedicated to the camp's victims, learn about the tragic history of the camp, and see where the prisoners worked. Meet your guide in a symbolic place for the history of the Jewish inhabitants of Krakow: Bohaterów Getta Square. Ride the tram a few stops to get to the camp. Once there, follow your guide as they describe the history of the camp. Find out about its opening as a forced labor camp in 1940 and its conversion to a concentration camp in 1941. Learn about the influence of Nazi rule in the area and the deportation of Jews from the Krakow Ghetto that began in 1942. Explore the different parts of the camp and hear about the intense work in the quarry and military factories. Get an in-depth insight into what life was like in the camp. Stop to commemorate the victims at several memorials throughout the camp. Discuss the life of Oskar Schindler and hear how the camp was portrayed in Schindler's List. Finish your tour with a visit to the replica of the camp built under the direction of Steven Spielberg in the Liban Quarry. At the end of the walk, you will be escorted back to the tram stop.
IncludesGuide Tour of Krakow-Plashov Concentration Camp
- This tour includes a discussion of distressing historical facts