My Guide Website?
Krakow: Schindler's Factory, Jewish Ghetto, & Salt Mine Tour
Discover Poland's history on a guided tour. Visit Schindler's Factory, learn about the tragic impact of Nazi rule at the former Jewish Ghetto, and make a trip to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Journey back in time to the turbulent era of Nazi rule in Krakow's Jewish Ghetto
- Visit Schindler's Factory with a museum guide and learn about the famous German
- Walk around the former Jewish Ghetto and see the haunting Empty Chair Monument
- Discover the fascinating underground world of the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Learn about the tragic history of the Jewish people under Nazi rule during WWII
DescriptionSee some of Krakow's top sights on this guided day tour. Learn the story of Oskar Schindler at his factory, remember the victims of the Holocaust at the Empty Chair Monument, and explore one of Europe's oldest salt mines, Wieliczka. Begin your day with a tour with a licensed museum guide of Schindler's factory. Learn about the story of this German entrepreneur featured in the movie Schindler's List, who helped many Jewish people during WWII. Then, walk through the streets of Podgórze Ghetto and see evidence of the tragic history of WWII. See a part of the wall around the ghetto, houses where thousands of displaced Jews used to live, the pharmacy Under the Eagle, and the Empty Chair Monument in Heroes' Square, with 68 symbolic chairs. Next, drive to Wieliczka, a small town outside Krakow. Visit one of the largest old salt mines in Europe at your own pace without a guide. Stroll around underground and see 20 halls, including the largest, St. Kinga's Church, named for the patroness of miners. Admire the underground church's interior, richly decorated with chandeliers and sculptures of saints carved out of salt. Experience the special curative microclimate in the mine and learn about the sanatorium deep below ground.
IncludesEntry ticket and guided tour of Schindler's Factory Museum Entry ticket and guided tour of Wieliczka Salt Mine Transportation between Krakow and Wieliczka
- During your tour of Schindler's Factory and the Jewish Ghetto, distressing images and history will be discussed