My Guide Website?
Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine and Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour4 Reviews
Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, before experiencing an amazing walk in the Wieliczka Salt Mine. This double-header activity will allow you to save time for plenty of other activities whilst staying in Krakow.
- See the remains of the gas chambers and prison blocks at Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Learn about the horrors of the largest concentration camp from World War II
- Discover an underground city with healing properties
DescriptionDepart Krakow and travel back through history as you make your way towards the infamous Nazi labor camps of Auschwitz and Birkenau. Throughout your experience you can avail of the services of an English-speaking driver, who will be happy to field any questions which may arise throughout your tour. Upon arrival, take a guided tour with a licensed guide and learn the history of both camps and the terrible genocide that took place during World War II. See some of the original buildings, including the infamous gas chambers and the remains of the railway ramp in Birkenau, where the prisoners would arrive to meet their fate. Then, travel to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, where a local guide will lead you through the underground city. Learn the history of the mines and salt extraction dating back to the Middle Ages, and benefit from the healing properties of the special climate and micro-element filled air. You're bound to amazed by the statues and chapels carved out of the rock salt, and upon completing your tour of the mine you will be returned to Krakow.
IncludesPick up from a meeting point in Krakow Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Live guide and entrance tickets to the Salt Mine Live guide and entrance tickets to the Auschwitz Birkenau Concentration Camp 40-60-minutes lunch break between Wieliczka and Auschwitz
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- This tour is not recommended for children aged 13 and under
- The tour is not recommended for people with a walking disability or claustrophobia
- Baby carriages and luggage larger then 30 x 20 x 10 centimeters are not permitted inside. Please bring your own child seat or child sling if traveling with a baby/children
- Student tickets require valid student ID and that you are no older than 25 years old (customers 25 years old need to purchase an adult ticket)