My Guide Website?
Wadowice and Kalwaria: John Paul II Route5 Reviews
On this tour, follow the early life of Pope John Paul II. The tour includes a visit to the family home of John Paul II, the Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Wadowice and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska a complex of 42 Chapels and Churches.
- Explore the family home of John Paul II
- Learn about the life of Karol Wojtyła ( John Paul II )
- Visit Kalwaria, a city listed on the UNESCO Heritage List
DescriptionWadowice is a small city situated 50 kilometers from Krakow. Here Karol Wojtyła, the future Pope John Paul II was born. The tour includes a visit to the Family Home of John Paul II, now a museum which provides exhibits of the future Pope's domestic life. The next place you will visit is the Basilica of the Offering of the Blessed Virgin Mary- an ornate Church where Karol Wojtyła was baptized and confirmed. Finally head to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a pilgrimage town founded in 1601 and best known for the Bernardine (Grey Friar) Monastery and its complex of 42 Chapels and Churches. Oficially called the Cultural & Landscape Complex of Monastery and Pilgrimage Park of the Bernardine Fathers, this amazing place was added to the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage List in 1999. Be sure to visit the 17th century Baroque Church famous for its miraculous painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Kalwaria (Polish for Calvary).
IncludesProfessional and licenced service Transport during the tour Admission and guided tour in Home of JP II English-speaking driver and tour leader Transport by air-conditioned minivan Transport by private vehicle Hotel pick-up and drop off Small gift (cottage cheese) Water
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If your child is less than 150cm tall, please inform the supplier so that a child seat can be arranged