Wadowice, Kalwaria and Lagiewniki: John Paul II Tour2 Reviews
Discover three religious locations related to the life of Pope John Paul II. Visit John Paul II's home in Wadowice, see the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in the Łagiewniki district of Krakow, and explore Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Park.
- Learn about the life of Pope John Paul II (Karol Wojtyła)
- Explore the family home of John Paul II in Wadowice
- Discover Kalwaria, UNESCO World Heritage listed city
- Visit the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy located in Łagiewniki
DescriptionDiscover the life of Karol Wojtyła, the future Pope John Paul II, who was born in the small city of Wadowice. Begin your tour at his family home in Wadowice where you'll explore exhibits of the future Pope's early life. Then see the Basilica of the Offering of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the ornate church where Karol Wojtyła was baptized and confirmed. Next explore Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a pilgrimage town founded in 1601 best-known for the Bernardine (Grey Friar) Monastery and its complex of 42 chapels and churches. This amazing place was added to the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage List in 1999. Admire the 17th-century Baroque church famous for its miraculous painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Kalwaria (Calvary). Then continue on to the Łagiewniki district of Krakow where you will find the Shrine of The Divine Mercy. Every year millions of pilgrims from all over the world seeking graces. See the vast sanctuary, the Congregation of the Sisters of God's Mother of Mercy, the main church, and an array of chapels. You will also see the statue of Our Lady of Mercy, statues of St. Stanisław Kostka and St. Mary Magdalene, a picture of St. Joseph with the Child, and a coffin with relics of St. Sister Faustina. You can enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the viewing tower.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional licensed English speaking driver Admission fees Water English-speaking live guide in the museum in Wadowice Food or drinks (other than water)
- • There is a dress code for entering places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed, and knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You risk being refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- The order of the activities can be changed
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY