Zakopane & Tatra Mountains Private Full-Day Tour from Krakow19 Reviews
Feel the atmosphere of the Polish winter capital, Zakopane. Experience highlanders' culture and unique architecture. See breathtaking landscapes of the highest mountain range in this part of Europe and beautiful Polish countryside.
- Visit the sculptor's house in Chocholow village on the way to Zakopane
- See the famous market in Zakopane with local food specialities and house equipment
- Ride the funicular to Gubalowka Hill, with a view of Tatra mountains
- Tour Krupowki Street and Peksowe Brzysko wooden cemetery
- View the ski jumping hill with the biggest Polish ski jump, Wielka Krokiew
DescriptionZakopane is the capital of winter Poland. Here there is superb scenery, perfect for winter sports lovers and fans of trekking trails. This area also has a characteristic dialect, splendid food and unique architecture. First, you will see the work place of a traditional Polish sculptor who makes outstanding wooden objects. Then here will be time in Zakopane traditional marketplace to buy handmade equipment for your house, or traditional cheeses 'oscypek', and many other kinds of food. Afterwards, you will have possibility to take a funicular railway to the top of Mount Gubałówka for views over the granite and limestone peaks of the Tatra Mountains. Having returned to the oldest part of Zakopane, you will visit the charming wooden old parish church and cemetery. At the end of the trip, you will stop near the highest ski jump in Poland, Wielka Krokiew, where many international cups in ski jumping have been won. Schedule: • Drive to the mountain side – 2 hours • Visit the Sculptor House in Chocholow – 30 to 40 minutes • Dive to Zakopane – 20 minutes • Gubalowka Mountain (with way up and down by Funicular rail) – 1 hour • Market under Gubalowka – 30 to 40 minutes • Lunch time with walk through Krupowki – 1.5 hours • Visit Pekskowe Brzysko wooden church and cemetery – 30 to 40 minutes • Wielka Krokiew, the greatest ski jump in Poland – 1 hour • Drive back to Krakow - 2 hours Please note that times could change due to your needs or the weather conditions.
IncludesPick-up and drop off from your accommodation in Krakow Private transportation by modern Mercedes minibus Live commentary on board Wi-Fi access on the minibus Insurance Assistance of experienced local tour leader and driver Meeting fee with sculptor in Chochołów Fee for funicular railway Entrance fee to ski jump Food and drinks Tip for the driver
- Please note that this is 9-hour trip, so it is recommended that you start your tour at 9:00
- Infant seats are available upon request if advised at time of booking
- Due to the changing terrain and weather, please bring comfortable walking shoes and a raincoat
- It is possible to change the day of the tour in the case of bad weather
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability