My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Camp Complex Guided Day Trip41 Reviews
Learn more about the history of the Nazi Holocaust on this day trip that includes a guided tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp. Hear poignant stories as you walk the grounds and visit the museum.
- Bear witness to the everyday items people left behind as they entered the camps
- Learn the story of Auschwitz-Birkenau's origins and roles from your guide
- Gain insight into how people survived in their day-to-day lives at Monowitz
- Experience a historically significant site that has shaped our worldview
- Take time to reflect at the memorials that have been built around the complex
DescriptionDiscover the human stories of the Holocaust on this guided trip from Krakow to the concentration camps of Auschwitz, Birkenau, and Monowitz. Learn how the camps were set up and the purposes each one served. Pause to reflect on what happened in these sites. Start with your pickup in Krakow. From there, you will ride about 45 kilometers to reach the former main camp in Auschwitz. Listen to your guide discuss the camp’s former use as barracks for the Polish military. At the entrance, note the gate with “Arbeit macht frei” over it. Visit the prisoner blocks, which now house artifacts from the camps and belongings left by the prisoners. See photographs and documents, shoes, suitcases, and glasses among other personal effects. From Auschwitz, travel a short distance to the former camp at Birkenau. There you will find the gas chambers and crematoria. Keep the camp’s victims in mind as you make your way around the memorials. After Birkenau, your tour will finish at the concentration camp in Monowitz. Learn about the connection between corporations and the camps. Unlike Auschwitz and Birkenau, Monowitz supplied workers to nearby factories. The trip will end with your return to Krakow.
IncludesEntry tickets Private transportation Guided tour On-site assistance
- Opening hours are subject to change