From Krakow: Wadowice & Sanctuary of Divine Mercy Tour22 Reviews
This half-day tour will take you to see Wadowice, places related with the birth and life of Karol Wojtyla, future Pope John Paul II and Lagiewniki, the center of Divine Mercy with the miraculous painting of Merciful Jesus.
- Visit Wadowice, the hometown of John Paul II and its museum dedicated to him
- Learn about the life of Karol Wojtyla and sister Faustine
- See the miraculous painting of Merciful Jesus
- Explore the Divine Mercy Sanctuary & Centre of JP2 in Lagiewniki
DescriptionStart your tour with pick-up from your hotel, hostel or apartment. After a 40-minute drive, arrive at the main square of Wadowice. Before you visit the Museum of John Paul II, see the front of the parish church of Karol Wojtyla, where little Karol was baptized, and the high school he attended. Visit the museum for around 90 minutes, before a coffee break to taste the famous papal cream cakes known as kremowka. On your arrival to Lagiewniki, begin your sightseeing of the Divine Mercy Sanctuary and JP2 complex, together with the chapel of miraculous painting of Merciful Jesus. Throughout your visit, rely on guidance and assistance by one of the nuns who serves in the Divine Mercy Monastery. Before heading back to Krakow, have lunch in one of the local restaurants.
IncludesTickets Admission fees to the John Paul II Family Home Museum Admission fees to the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy Live guide Transport Food and beverages
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums: no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed, knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women, and you may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability