My Guide Website?
Krakow: Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine Combo Tour40 Reviews
Explore important sites near Krakow, the Auschwitz Birkenau Camps and the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Choose the order of your activities. Save money by booking this combination tour.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Choose the order of your visits
- Save money by booking 2 tours in one
- Join a professional guide at both sites
- Benefit from free pick up and drop-off
DescriptionExplore two of the most important destinations near Krakow over 2 days, choosing which museum you wish to visit first. For the Auschwitz tour, you will be picked up from your hotel by a minivan. You will then be driven around 65 kilometres to the former Nazi concentration camp where your guide will explain some the dark past of the area. The tour includes visits to the two camps, Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II Birkenau. See the remains of barracks, watchtowers, railway ramps, gas chambers, and crematoriums. Your Wieliczka Salt Mine tour also includes hotel pickup. You will be taken to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, which is roughly a 40-minute drive away from Krakow. Once you arrive at Wieliczka, you will descend the 378 stairs to level 1, 64 meters below ground. Your English-speaking guide will brief you about safety regulations in the mine. Continuing to descend, you'll travel along a 3-kilometer route as you discover many unique chambers with amazing carvings and salt statues. At the end of the route, you will have the chance to explore the souvenir shop and snack bar. Lastly, you will be taken up to the surface by a high-speed lift.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off for both tours Entrance fee to Wieliczka Salt Mine Entrance fee to Auschwitz Birkenau Transportation by air-conditioned car Professional and friendly English-speaking guides at both locations
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- Please provide your pickup information when booking Auschwitz Birkenau
- During this tour, you will spend up to 70% of the time outdoors, especially during the second part at Birkenau Memorial Place. Please bring weather appropriate clothing
- The maximum size of hand luggage is 30 x 20 x 10 cm. This is more or less the size of an A4 sheet. If your luggage is bigger, you can leave it in the locked bus parked next to the museum
- Valid student ID allows you to get a student discount Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Valid student ID allows you to get a student discount. You need to show your ID