Krakow: Highlights of Old & New Town Private Walking Tour2 Reviews
Explore the history of Krakow from medieval times to World War II and the Polish People's Republic to the present. See the best places, which are known only to locals. Encounter the new history with funny stories and explore the everyday life of Krakow.
- See highlights of Krakow and experience unforgettable moments
- Have a look at the main market square, historic Old Town, St. Mary's Basilica in Krakow, Wawel Cathedral and much more
- Get to know the full history of the Krakow from the medievals ages to nowadays
- Have a great time with your friends or family
- Gain some insight into the everyday life of the locals
DescriptionDiscover the highlights of Krakow's historic Old Town & New Town and learn more about the monuments from a private guide during a 4-hour walking tour. Follow in the footsteps of Polish kings as you explore the famous Royal Route from the medieval Old Town to Wawel Hill. Meet at Little Market Square and make your way to the main market square to admire the Gothic exterior of St. Mary's Basilica. Marvel at the decorative details of the historic Cloth Hall, where traveling merchants would meet to discuss business and barter their wares. Pass one of the world's oldest universities, Jagiellonian University. Continue to the architectural complex of Wawel Hill to discover centuries-old churches and beautiful Renaissance buildings, such as the royal residence of Wawel Castle. Look inside Wawel Cathedral, where the kings of Poland were crowned and laid to rest. People usually visit the Old Town of Krakow but overlook the new contemporary history which is even more interesting. During the tour, get to know the whole history of the city and have an opportunity to see how everyday life looks like. Become acquainted with the turbulent history of Poland and Krakow, from World War II and the Polish People's Republic to the present. Find out how Krakow has become the most modern city in Poland with numerous business centers and tourists. Opt for an extended 6-hour tour to include a visit to the beautiful Kazimierz district, a historic place full of life and significant for cultural growth in Krakow, well known for being Jewish district of Krakow. Nowadays it has become a hub for cultural life in the city, while maintaining its historical spirit. Your guide will tell you the history of this area, take you to its highlights, and also show you hidden gems known only by locals.
IncludesPrivate walking tour in Krakow led by a licensed guide Visit to the free part of Wawel Cathedral Pick up from your hotel in Krakow Old Town Tour program adapted to the preferences of the group Tips about local restaurants, patisseries, pubs Visit to Kazimierz the former Jewish quarter and Temple Synagogue with tickets (extended version) Museum entrance fees (about €8; optional) Pick up from hotels outside of Krakow Old Town
- Entrance to the museum may be impossible due to the lack of tickets.
- If you would like to be picked up from your accommodations, please inform the local operator beforehand and provide the address of your accommodation. • Please note that hotel pickup is only possible from Krakow Old Town; guests from Kazimierz or outside Krakow Old Town are encouraged to arrange their own transportation when making a reservation. • Wawel Cathedral is open April-October from Monday to Saturday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, Sunday 12:30 PM-5:00 PM; November-March from Monday to Saturday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Sunday 12:30 PM-4:00 PM
- Wawel Cathedral is closed for visitors on: New Year’s Day (January 1), Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, All Saints’ Day (November 1), Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability