My Guide Website?
Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka Salt Mine: Day Tour & Lunch796 Reviews
Visit the historically important site of Auschwitz-Birkenau and learn about WWII concentration camps in Poland. Later tour the underground Salt Mine in Wieliczka, one of the oldest working salt mines in the world. Enjoy a packed lunch of Polish products.
- Experience 2 of Krakow's most important historic sites in one day
- Take a guided tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp
- Head underground at the impressive Wieliczka Salt Mine
DescriptionYou’ll get an early start on this 11-hour combination tour that begins with a visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau and continues later with the opportunity to explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine. First you’ll stop at Auschwitz I, where you will join a 2.5-hour English tour, provided by the museum’s guide. After that, the tour continues at Auschwitz II-Birkenau, which is about 2 kilometers away. You’ll spend about an hour with the same guide and explore the site while hearing about its history. During the second half of your full-day program, you’ll travel to the Salt Mine in Wieliczka, which is one of the oldest working salt mines in the world. It has been producing table salt for over 700 years! Enjoy a delicious packed lunch set (at 14:30) with the best Polish products. The English-speaking tour of the Mine will begin at 16:00 or 17:00 (depending on road conditions). Head 140 meters underground on a 2.5-hour journey along more than 2.5 kilometers of tourist routes and see chambers with amazing carvings and statues, with everything made of salt. You should arrive back at your hotel not later than at 19:30.
IncludesDoor-to-door transportation (free hotel pick-up) Documentary film English-speaking guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau English-speaking guide in the Salt Mine All admission fees and tickets Insurance Lunch Gratuities (optional) Photo permission inside the Salt Mine (10zł can be paid on the spot)
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks that can be carried on the Museum grounds is 30x20x10 centimeters. You can always leave your belongings inside the bus, which will be parked nearby
- The Salt Mine tour begins at around 16:00. Your English-speaking guide will take you on a tour of 2-2.5 hours, to 140 meters underground on a journey of over 2.5 kilometers of tourist routes
- To reach the first level of the mine (64 meters underground), you have to descend a wooden stairway of 378 stairs. After the tour, you will be taken up to the surface by a lift
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now